Monday, August 07, 2006

 

London (24 – 25 July)

Hi all,

After good nights sleep it was off to see some sights. This didn’t quite work out as planned, however I did get the chance to go and have a few beers with Andy, a guy I work with in Doha. He was also lucky enough to escape the island, albeit for a short period of time. We went to a few bars in Covent Garden. The bars there seem really good, Jonno and Jo also joined us. Covent Garden seems like a good place to go out.

Tuesday was tourist day. It was great. The weather was perfect, around 26 degrees, sunny and clear blue sky. Perfect for a walk. I saw Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. After that it was off to Westminster Abbey. It is amazing. There is so much history, it was really interesting. So much of what we saw and read about when we were in Scotland was also there, which brought everything together. Next it was off to visit Aunt Liz and Uncle Phil at there place, Buckingham Palace. Unfortunately she wasn’t home, so I slid a note under the door saying I would be back next week and could wait to catch up… after a nice wlak through the park, I then dropped past Tony’s house, however his assistant said he wasn’t home as he had Prime Minister things to do, quite disappointing, all I wanted was a glass of water.

Since the day was getting better and better, it was time to keep walking, and back to the London Eye to relax in the park. There were a few street performers, one of which said he was from Melbourne. I was disappointed he said that, cos he dragging the rest of us down. A rather average act I must say.

I am rather impressed with London so far. There transport system is really good, the tube is very handy. It could do with some air conditioning but other that that it is a very effective system. My first couple of days in London have been good. I have seen a fair bit so far and I am looking forward to seeing more. It has also been a great opportunity to spend time with Jonno. Having been MIA in London, we haven’t been able to see him for a while. Don’t worry Ben, I gave him a kiss from you!!

The next journey was of to Ireland.

Stay tuned!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?