Tuesday, November 07, 2006

 

Week Twenty Three

Al-salaam alaykum,

A new week, a whole new level of work, not to mention changes, hours and hunger. This week has been even busier, with us having to work isn’t exactly practical when you will be working in 30 odd degree heat every day. One sleeve is yellow and the other is red. The shirt itself is a light blue. It also comes with a very fashionable pair of yellow pants. I know I will be in need of a job when I return to Melbourne, therefore I would like to signal my intention to become a clown! I have the clothes, all I need is the wig and I am home and hosed.

We are now officially out at the village permanently. It is great to finally be out there. We are close to the venue team, which makes it easier for us to make decisions. The team has had a few big decisions made in the past week, causing us a lot more work.

It was great to finally see the weekend. On Thursday night, around 20 of us went down to Sealine Resort for the night. It should have taken us around 1 ¼ hours. Instead it took us nearly 2 ½ hours. The road leading to Sealine was having road works. After some bad directions from, well, me, we ended up around 10 kms from the Saudi border. When we took the wrong turn, we in the town of Messaidd. When I realised we had gone the wrong way, we had travelled 28kms away from the town. Oopps… Anyway, the resort is amazing. It is right on the beach. When you walk out of the villa’s you practically stepped on to the beach. All of them had a bbq and a porch with couches. They were very relaxing. We fired up a big bbq, then sat around listening to music and having a few drinks.

Friday we drove back to Doha. Thankfully the trip only took just over an hour to get back. After doing a bit of work the night was spent relaxing. Saturday it was back to work as usual. Once again it was a one day weekend for us all.

I hope you are all well back home and abroad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?